Sunday, May 10, 2009

The Launch Contest

This site isn’t about me; it’s about you. The amazing things you have to say, and the lessons you’ve learned. I think we can do something amazing here. Our first ten stories came from women I reached out to and asked to share their experiences. But I can’t keep this site rolling if I have to research and personally request every story we publish (among other things, I have too much fun reading the parent blogs and I get distracted). I need your contributions.

It’s hard to write about breastfeeding. You’re writing an emotional story about your boobs during a time when you were severely sleep-deprived. Believe me, I know. I tried six or seven times to write my whole story about nursing, until I gave up and chose just one facet to share – pumping. But telling your story can help someone else. Just read the comments we’ve gotten already.

To help you get over your writer’s block, I’ve got a contest. The first person to send me their story after this post goes up will get a $50 gift certificate to restaurant.com. The second and third people will get a $25 certificates. (What do you do with 25 bucks? Maybe you can order some take-out?). I will also enter everyone who comments on the site between May 10 and May 17 into a contest for another $50 certificate.

Does that help with your shyness?

No comments:

Post a Comment